Dedicated to closing equity gaps between the majority population in America and people of color in education, wealth generation, and by bridging communities.
Who We Are
Needle Movers for Social Equity is a non-profit organization working to create more equitable communities and culture in America.
We focus our work around three pillars:
- Decreasing Wealth Gaps
- Bridging Communities with Safe Conversations
Diversity & Inclusion Book List for kids!
One of the first places to start anti-racist and DEI work is within our own homes with our children. Raising children with the openness to diverse relationships and sensitivities to the lived experience of other cultures within America is a first step to developing their hearts to desire equitable communities, schools, churches, and workplaces – their the next generation of leaders after all.
Our Mission & Vision
We believe that true equity can be achieved as we seek the heart of God regarding restoration and racial reconciliation, but no matter your faith or spiritual beliefs, every person can contribute to creating a more equitable society.
Our desire is to come alongside schools, churches, organizations, corporations, families and communities in order to help them create and sustain cultures and practices that support racial equality.
From Our Founder
” I believe that with God, we can significantly close the equity gap in America on person at a time, one heart at a time.
When the hearts of men and women change and reshape in a way that makes room for God’s desire for equity for all, the impacts of those heart changes can be seen in felt in our families, in our communities, and in all the places we lead and influence.
So let’s all get to work changing our hearts so that every human lives feeling equal in the sight of God and man.”
– Deanna Mason
Although there are many areas of focus and need for diversity, equity, and inclusion work (DEI), we are focusing our efforts in three different areas:
- Income and Wealth Gaps
- Bridging Conversations & Communities
Watch the short video below to learn more.
- Provide support to schools, educators, and parents to close academic gaps.
- Provide diversity and inclusion training opportunities.
- Help schools develop and cultivate and implement a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion by providing short and long-term support.
Income & Wealth Gaps
- Employment identification and readiness programs.
- Employee retention training.
- Salary negotiation training.
- Entrepreneurship training.
- Wealth building programs.
- Company diversity, equity, and inclusion workshops and consulting for short and long-term support.
Bridging Communities with Safe Conversations
- Closing the understanding and communication gap between the majority population and people of color.
- Create opportunities for safe small group discussions.
- Empower small groups to mobilize around our equity pillars within their local communities.
Needle Movers for Social Equity – the podcast
The Needle Movers for Social Equity Podcast is where we create safe spaces for conversations around racial and social equity topics while exploring them from a Biblical lens.
In this episode, my co-host Samantha Schultz and I reminisce about what was going on with us personally when we learned about George Floyd and how his life became the catalyst for starting the work of Needle Movers for Social Equity.
In this solo episode, I’m (Deanna) digging into the book of Philemon in an effort to explain the Biblical foundation of our organizations’ desire for all humans being created and seen through the eyes of God’s equality.
Welcome to Needle Movers for Social Equity – the podcast, where we’re dedicated to creating safe spaces for conversations around racial and social equity topics while exploring them from a Biblical lens.