Dedicated to closing equity gaps in academics for people of color, and to using Biblical literacy to bridge and heal communities in America and around the world.
Registration is open for the R.I.S.E. for Literacy Summer Read-a-Thon.
Who We Are
Needle Movers for Social Equity is a non-profit organization working to create more equitable communities and culture in America.
We focus our work around three pillars:
- Decreasing Wealth Gaps
- Bridging Communities with Safe Conversations
Join our Family Resources Vault
Want your child to nurture God’s love & appreciation for different cultures but don’t know where to start?
Start here with our Family Resources Vault!
Enrich your home with stories and activities that highlight the lived experiences and perspectives of different cultures in America.
Our Mission & Vision
We believe that true equity can be achieved as we seek the heart of God regarding restoration and racial reconciliation, but no matter your faith or spiritual beliefs, every person can contribute to creating a more equitable society.
Our desire is to come alongside schools, churches, organizations, corporations, families and communities in order to help them create and sustain cultures and practices that support racial equality.
From Our Founder
” I believe that with God, we can significantly close the equity gap in America on person at a time, one heart at a time.
When the hearts of men and women change and reshape in a way that makes room for God’s desire for equity for all, the impacts of those heart changes can be seen and felt in our families, in our communities, and in all the places we lead and influence.
So let’s all get to work changing our hearts so that every human lives feeling equal in the sight of God and man.”
– Deanna Mason
Although there are many areas of focus for building a more equitable culture, we desire to build our work, over time, to focus on these three areas.
- Income and Wealth Gaps
- Bridging Communities
- Develop literacy curriculum for supplemental educators and parents who work with students.
- Partner with tutoring and after-school programs to provide easy-to-implement curriculum solutions for strengthening literacy..
Income & Wealth Gaps
- Employment identification and readiness programs.
- Employee retention training.
- Salary negotiation training.
- Entrepreneurship training.
- Wealth & asset-building programs.
Bridging Communities with Safe Conversations
- Teaching Biblical literacy that guides to healing and leading equitable lifestyles.
- Closing the understanding and communication gap between the majority population and people of color.
- Empower small groups to mobilize around our equity pillars within their local communities.
Get In Touch
Stay Connected: Join our email community to keep in touch and abreast of our work – just click here.